Friday, February 5, 2010

Housing Guide

This week Student Life put out its annual housing guide, which was in need of a cover. I love any opportunity to work in full color (the newspaper usually forces me to use grayscale...which is one of the most soul-crushing limitations I can imagine) and a square format, so this was right up my alley. I decided to take the idea of housing to an international scale (even though St. Louis housing is pretty homogenous).

 

I used to hate drawing architecture, but once I realized that everything doesn't have to be so precise - that the lines can be as jaunty as I want them to be - I started to enjoy it more.  At any rate, this was great practice for drawing architecture. By the end I was getting much quicker and was able to draw more accurate lines.

Last semester I forgot to post my other two Student Life covers: one for the Dining Guide, and one for the Finals Guide. So, here they are:

1 comment: