Sunday, May 9, 2010

Finishing off college, yeesh...

I hate to say it, but I've got to say it: my undergraduate career is pretty much over. I still have to walk down an aisle and grab a piece of paper, but I am done with classes and homework and Student Life and the Gargoyle. Forever. Now it's just me versus the real world. But, I can still bask in the glory of college for just one more post. Here are the last two assignments from The Narrative Sketchbook class...

This assignment was to create a visual essay synthesizing the ideas and emotions of the Soldiers' Stories published in The New Yorker. The challenge: 18" x 24" and no computer (which is something I've not done since sophomore year). 

The assignment: create a book cover based on a fictitious title. Make the imagery evocative; make it look interesting and appealing without telling the full story.

1 comment: