Thursday, June 21, 2012

ICON: The Aftermath

Well, ICON was great. Saw tons of my favorite illustrators give great presentations and met one of my childhood heroes -- Matt Groening -- as well as many other people.

The days were long...plenty of time to sit and listen and draw in my sketchbook, which has been recently, I hate to admit it, a bit neglected.

Don't expect these to be an accurate reflection of the days' events.

Wait, actually...this one is kind of accurate. A bit embellished, but there actually was a giant brass band on stage and people dressed like aliens. No, really, I'm serious.

see?


A very legit panel - the co-founder of Kickstarter, the creative director of Behance, and a Director at Etsy.

 This isn't a real person...but I wish he was. I have a feeling he would be the greatest illustrator/mob-boss around.

Being in Rhode Island always stirs my non-existent American Indian blood.

If you have eyesight, I highly recommend going to ICON next time around.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your first spread. I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete