Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Hangover

This assignment, for John Hendrix's Narrative Sketchbook class, was to illustrate a viewpoint on a movie using The New Yorkers 4" x 6" format. These illustrations are generally likenesses of the characters acting out the idea of the movie - not a specific scene of the movie. I chose The Hangover.

The challenges here, for me, were definitely the likenesses. I went through many many revisions before settling on drawings that I felt looked enough like Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifanakis, and Ed Helms. Also, I got to draw a tiger.

I still have some revisions to do for this piece, but here are some process drawings and the final result:



And here is the final (unrevised) version. I am still working on the value structure and adding more details to hint at the movie's location of Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment