Friday, July 2, 2010

More work, more fortune

I want to address three things with this update. First, I want to post some new work. Please enjoy:


First: I don't really know what this piece is about. It was just practice, mostly.  Second: Colored/redrawn version of a Student Life illustration about elderly people enjoying life. 

 
In junior year of college I missed an opportunity to draw a badass dragon with a nuclear power plant embedded in it...I was bitter. Senior year, I missed an opportunity to draw a giant robot made out of musical instruments...I was bitter. I drew it anyway.


Secondly, I have exciting news! My piece "Soccer Riot" was awarded with Merit in 3x3 Magazine's Student Show No. 7. It'll get published in their upcoming annual and I'm pretty stoked. I've been a fan of 3x3 magazine for awhile now and I love the stuff they publish. I'm honored to be in the mix. Congrats to Jon Rothenberg on his award, too! WashU representin'.

Lastly, I just set up the Links section of my website. I've put in links to friends' sites...that I know about! (Blogs don't count) If you have a site, tell me about it...perhaps link mine back? (eh?) And if I know you, like you, and respect you, I'll put you in the listing. Sorry if you feel overlooked right now...it's probably just because I didn't know you had a website. But you can change that...

No comments:

Post a Comment